Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day 2006



We missed the parade part of Memorial Day, but we made it into town in time to catch most of the ceremony at the cemetery. A soldier recently back from Iraq spoke for a while; we also heard from some older veterans and a few American Legion ladies.

Later in the day we were able to connect with GrandDad Green (navy man during WW2) and leave a message for Sam (Sarah's bro. just back from Iraq). I hope they heard how much we appreciate their sacrifice and commitment.

We also got to talk to family in IL and IN. They seemed to have had a good day together. (I'm still not sure how all of them managed to gather at Grandpa and Grandma Cooper's. Even outside!)

I am grateful for the reminder of liberty's cost. Freedom demands sacrifice. Our thanks goes out to all who have served.

No comments: