Quarter-of-a-century was all right while it lasted, but 26 promises even better things. On the actual day, we had lasagna for supper (mmmm) and a tiny bit of ice cream for dessert. (It's supposed to be no sugar for Mom or baby for a while, but I cheated just this once.) Curt let me shop around online for my present--a dvd burner for our computer. (This is me, being very excited!)
On Saturday (the 7th), I redeemed one of my Christmas present coupons from Carol. She had given me two kid-free days to do with as I chose. Curt and I left Megan with Aunt Carol, the kids, and lots of kittens, and went by ourselves to St. Peter and Mankato for the day. We enjoyed drooling over exquisitely crafted Amish furniture, chuckling at Remy and friends in Ratatouille, eating a nice meal by ourselves (one I did not have to cook!), and doing some semi-random shopping. We got home just after Megan's bed time and were tired enough to konk out ourselves. 'Twas an altogether lovely day.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday to you and Curt too! Sorry the package came for the kiddo and not you this uear....stinks to grow up, huh?
Happy Birthday! Sounds like you guys had a great time on your date.
Happy Birthday, cousin. I have never shopped for my own present.
Hopefully I'll see at Cousin Camp
Post a Comment