Megan's been sitting in church with us during the songs and announcement time. We're trying to teach her how to be quiet at the appropriate places so that she can join us for the entire service. Some of our instructions must be making sense to her. At home when we talk about church, she nods her head knowingly and says, "Go to church. Quiet in church."
Last Sunday, she was sitting between the two of us. We were all a tad bit scrunched. She sat straight and tall with her back against the back of the pew. Her legs were not quite long enough to get past the edge of the bench, so her feet stuck straight up to show off her bright pink rain boots. She peered out from under her bangs very seriously. I wish I'd had a way to take a picture of the scene unobtrusively. She looked so cute that I had to lean over and tell her, "I love you." She tore her concentrated gaze away from the back of someone's head long enough to wrinkle her nose and say, "Shhhh!"
I was so properly chastised that I almost laughed out loud.
1 comment:
"I was so properly chastised that I almost laughed out loud."
I can't tell you how big a grin that last line puts on my face and in my heart. that's awesome! =)
my cousin's little girl is learning to sit in church quietly, too--I hear that my cousin's husband pops her thumb into her mouth to keep her quiet, and she'll sit twirling her hair and sucking her thumb =)
kids are so cute!
Post a Comment