Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Explaining Easter

Last Easter season a friend sent me a link to instructions for assembling a home-made version of Family Life Today's popular resurrection eggs.  This year Megan was old enough to understand the story and appreciate being part of a creative process, so we attempted the "Egg Project."  We scrounged for small household items as I explained some of the events of Passion week to my wide-eyed daughter.  Filling each consecutive egg with memory joggers took us back to the parts of the story she had already grasped.  By the time we gathered all the necessary parts for two separate Egg Projects, Megan had mastered enough of the details to explain the story by herself to her cousins (with just a few parental prompts).  Later, I attempted to capture at least some of the wonder I experienced as I listened to the familiar story told so simply.  Granted, Megan has only flickerings of true comprehension, but said flickerings are beginning to happen more frequently of late. 

Things like this are always better in person (hint, hint), but for those far away, I hope this slice of life-with-Megan makes you smile and thank God, again, for His good gifts.  

 

(My apologies for the shaky videography and the length of loading time.)

1 comment:

ExploreColorado said...

Quite a crew. Looks like a wonderful get together.