
Time spent with the Geer tribe invariably refreshes. We arrived at Friendship Baptist in time to join them for their evening service. I had really been missing getting to hear Uncle Garry preach. (He didn’t even tell me I had to say that one.) It was good to see the McPhails, too. Many others were gone on vacation. Aunt Joy, Delaney, Megan, and I hit the town on Monday morning. We enjoyed some pool time during the afternoon; during supper we decided to skip the fireworks scheduled for later that evening. The extra sleep must have been good for Megan because her fever finally broke during the night.
Tuesday morning we left almost on schedule for the biggest 4th of July parade in all of Indiana. We all rode together to Linton while Delaney entertained whoever would listen with her newly learned VBS songs. Monday night’s rain had cooled the air enough to make the parade conditions warm but pleasant. The cousins collected enough candy to resupply last for several more birthday parties. A good time was had by all.
More rain on our way home moved our lunch picnic plans from a nearby park to the living room. The sky cleared up later in the day, so Uncle Garry fired up the grill to cook part of our supper. We ate outside, too, and they surprised me with a schnazzy birthday cake a day early. I got to open my present, too. A stray dog crashed the party, but she turned out to be very well behaved. After dark, Uncle Garry shot off his bag of fireworks, and Aunt Joy handed out glow sticks. Bethany, Garrison, and I played Monkey in the Middle, and Frisbee in the dark with them. I had fun; hopefully, so did they.
On Wednesday, Uncle Garry had to be back at work. I got most of my packing out of the way that morning, so I could go back to enjoying the company. Curt surprised me by sending a birthday present hidden in the car and telling Aunt Joy where to find it. Tricky man. J
Aunt Joy, Bethany, and I started working on the two back bedrooms. Uncle Garry and Aunt Joy planned to switch rooms with the girls and paint the bigger room before the girls moved into it. We moved the big furniture out from against the wall and got important bed pieces in the right places. We then washed and taped the walls. After lunch, I hung around for a little while longer, and I got to help with the grand bookcase switcheroo.
Finally, we needed to leave in order to be in Indianapolis by supper time. The only thing left for me to say was, “So long, and thanks for all the fish!”
No comments:
Post a Comment