Wednesday, July 19, 2006

To Grandmother's house we go.



Mom and Dad beat us to Grandmother and GrandDad’s house. When we got there, we were treated to a delicious meal prepared by the host and hostess themselves. We enjoyed another birthday cake for dessert, and I got to open even more presents. GrandDad had assembled a generous stash of computer parts and pieces that he knew I could use. In a card, Grandmother gave me a handwritten copy of a poem she had written for me when I was five years old. I had never even known it existed. It made me smile. Dad and Mom left later in the evening, while Megan and I stayed the night.

GrandDad took us to see their subdivision’s park and pool on Thursday morning. Most of the equipment was built for older kids, but she liked the little car on a spring. Back at their house we chatted for most of the morning while Megan played. After lunch we needed to head back toward IL so we could get a head start on our journey home.

No comments: